Organized in 1937
Woodruff Electric Cooperative was organized in 1937. We were formed then and continue to operate today for only one purpose: to provide reliable, low cost electric service to our members.
The cooperative currently has over 12,000 members, serves over 17,000 accounts, and operates approximately 4500 miles of electrical distribution line.
Serving members in the counties Cross, Lee, Monroe, Phillips, Prairie, St. Francis and Woodruff, the cooperative pays more that $400,000 in property taxes each year to those seven counties.
Woodruff Electric was organized when only one in ten rural homes had electricity. It continues today to provide reliable electric service to the rural areas which make up the majority of its territory.
There have been tremendous changes in both the quality of electric service and the way it is provided since those early days. Due to municipal growth and population shifts, the cooperative today makes use of the latest in technology to provide service to parts of most area towns and industrial parks.
Woodruff Electric operates under the Arkansas Pubic Service Commission jurisdiction.
It is a member of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association located at Washington, D.C. It is also a member and part owner of the Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporations and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc.
For more information click here to e-mail Woodruff Electric.